Pages

Apr 13, 2012

The Overdue, Undisclosed Yearning Will Be Over

For years, my hubby and I quietly desired a baby girl. However, we understood, it will not be that simple. We initially plan to only have 2 kids. These boys are simply great gifts from God, they are good boys, smart and always make us proud. We often encountered people said to us, that we should have a third one, daughter that is. I would always said to those nosy people, nope, two is enough. Boys and girls are just the same, they are all responsibilities God trust us to take care of.

So, when after Eid last year, I found out that I missed my period and the test pack gave positive sign, our yearning for Daddy's little girl occur again. We've always pray for a healthy baby and not expecting that this little one will be a girl for us. Two USGs (2D version) showed that it's a girl. Still we did not want to believe it 100%. Last month, I had 4D USG, and the OBGYN clearly said it is 99.99% a girl.

After that confirmation, the shopping trip to Mothercare has been focused on girls' stuff. So many cute items there. Abdes has designed the room next door to be this little one's room, plus our working space, not very baby style, as we don't want it to be a very 'baby zone' :)

The two boys are so excited to welcome their little sister. Getar always wonders how this baby will look like and act. He's 12, a young man, sometimes shyly said that he wanted to feel the bump. Alarik has been imagining to carry the baby, he loves to put his head on the big bump and feels the baby's quickening. He even often acts as if he's helping me bathing the baby, and even feed the baby. He constantly reminds me to hold the baby carefully once she's born and I should take the baby to his school.

Ah well... Monday is the big day, by the way. As I could not deliver the baby in normal way, tried twice, but failed, c-section is the only option. We have scheduled it to be on Monday. Baby name? It's ready. We'll announce it soon she arrives to this world.

Wish me luck. Hope all goes well. I am hoping that post-op would not be too painful, and quick recovery for me. I hope I can successfully breast-feed this little one, just like my two other children; exclusively for 4-6 months, and continue until 2 years of age.

I just can't wait to hold and kiss you, baby Girl.

No comments: