Pages

Aug 3, 2011

Make My Life Up

I haven't done any postings for a while. My left brain has been so busy and successfully kept my right brain quiet. I have been so focus on the now, no chance of letting my mind wandering and creating imaginations.

So, last Sunday, I decided to buy a novel. Nicholas Sparks' novel. Yeah, sure it will trigger my right brain again. But, I could not read it at my usual speed (two overnights to finish). It is Ramadhan. I have to wake up at 4 in the morning, plus the Decolgen I took to heal my cold. As consequence, I am not sharp anymore.

So the drowsy sluggish me have to find a way to be alive. In front of the mirror is where I always find my cure. My morning and evening regime is putting on layers of creams. I could not live without those creams. Moisturizer, special for my oily-rather-dry skin. Special cream for my over 30 skin. Eye cream. Sunblock SPF 40. Sometime, need concealer. Foundation cream. (Duh, I want to look good when I reach 60!) Then simple powders, blush on, eye liners, mascara, lip gloss. Next is doing my hair as been taught by my hair dresser. Turn on the hair dryer, roll up some curls, dry them up, roll them down, then style it with wax.

I guess my point of saying those things is I love to be in front of the mirror. I love putting on make ups. My man never complains so far. I definitely encourage Moms readers to take the chance being in front of the mirror and to enjoy being a woman. That's the privilege of being a female human. Evolve ourselves. Learn how to accentuate our age-appropriate beauty, without looking like a monster. To look and feel beautiful are not sins. Putting on make ups for women can boost up confidence. It is a process to appreciate ourselves.

No comments: